Ground Radar: Early warning search radars
(and other things....).
In association with the R.A.F. Henlow Signals Museum
The Radar Displays:
- A video I took during the open day in 1989 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the re-opening of the Staxton Wold site. This shows the T84 (obsolete), T85 working (but sensibly stopped when the Red Arrows arrived), HF200, SSR tower, Microwave link tower, T91 (working) and the Red Arrows.
- Console 64 prototype software showing Video map, range rings and aircraft, with 96 Russian bears being intercepted by 12 Phantoms.
- Console 64 showing Phase 1A style of Height Finder Azication but with the height finder display on the Console 61.
- Console 61 A scan with white noise and (permanent) targets
- Console 60 - showing video map, Russian bears being intercepted by Phantoms and back to back working with Type 14 and Type 15 radars.
De-classified Air Publications etc in pdf format (all machine searchable).
If you want to read any of these, I would recommend that you download them first and then view them with Adobe Acrobat:
Miscellaneous Articles relating to Radar:
Links to other Radar web-sites:
Some non-Radar De-classified Air Publications (all machine searchable)
Aircraft, Missiles, ATC, and other miscellaneous items.
- Photographs of Aircraft and Missiles at RAF Cosford, and Aircraft, Vehicles and Guns at IWM Duxord.
- Scans of the ATC gazette in pdf format (searchable):
- 1942: June, August, October, November, December.
- 1943: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.
- 1944: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October.
- Two books loaned to me for scanning by Alf Fisher:
Miscellaneous links to other electronics that I've had dealings with:
Page last updated 7th July 2019 by Colin Hinson.