Ground Radar: Early warning search radars
(and other things....).
In association with the R.A.F. Henlow Signals Museum
The Radar Displays:
- A video I took during the open day in 1989 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the re-opening of the Staxton Wold site. This shows the T84 (obsolete), T85 working (but sensibly stopped when the Red Arrows arrived), HF200, SSR tower, Microwave link tower, T91 (working) and the Red Arrows.
- Console 64 prototype software showing Video map, range rings and aircraft, with 96 Russian bears being intercepted by 12 Phantoms.
- Console 64 showing Phase 1A style of Height Finder Azication but with the height finder display on the Console 61.
- Console 61 A scan with white noise and (permanent) targets
- Console 61 in Height finder mode.
- Console 60 - showing video map, Russian bears being intercepted by Phantoms and back to back working with Type 14 and Type 15 radars.
De-classified Air Publications etc in pdf format (all machine searchable). ( = added in the past month)
If you want to read any of these, I would recommend that you download them first and then view them with Adobe Acrobat:
Miscellaneous Articles relating to Radar:
Links to other Radar web-sites:
Some non-Radar De-classified Air Publications etc. (all machine searchable) ( = added in the past month)
- Index to Radio and Radar Air Publications. (AP 2463)
- Radio Instrument list (cross reference of military ref. numbers and radio/radar equipment).
- Radio Recievers
- Radio Transmitters
- AP1186 section 1 (from 1946) Generators, Motors, Regulators, Power Units, Test equipt, Engines.
- AP1186 sections 2, 3 & 4 (from 1938) Transmitter-Receivers, Receviers, and Amplifiers
- AP1186 sections 5, 6 & 7 (from 1938) Test and measuring equipt., W/T & R/T ancillary equipt., Visual Signalling apparatus.
- Transmitter/Receiver Type TR1143
- Radio Set SCR-522-A (Tx BC525-A, Rx BC624-A. Rack FT-244. etc)
- Aircraft Intercom Amplifier A1134 (A.P. 2876B)
- Pye PTC 6/2107V (MGRI 26001) 5watt Radio Telephone (with supplement) (1962)
- Plessey PTR175 ATC Standby Communication System
- UHF Transportable Radio Installation TGRI(AT).26005/1 (1967)
- The CV Register of Electronic Valves.
- Concise details of Ground Radio and Terminal Equipment (A.P.116A-0101-1)
- Marconi Automatic Direction Finder AD.7092
- Decca Loran C/A Type ADL21 Receiver, ARI. 23180 and test equipment.
- ARI 5874 Airborne H.F. Communications Equipment (includes Receiver R4187 and Transmitter T4188).(1966)
- ARI 5874 Airborne H.F. Communications Equipment (as above) (1960) (scan of poor quality photo-copy).
- Tacan (Ground) Transponder AN/GRN9D.
- GEE Mk 2 Airborne
- Trainer Type 48 (for GEE)
- Bomb Sight computor XIV
- Elliott Paper Tape Reader Type TRM 500/1000 (and ICL Type 1916/9)
- Teletype High Speed Tape Punch (BRPE)
- Tandberg Tape Recorder series 15 (1973)(AP116L-0131-1)
- Creed 7B Teleprinter repair instructions.
- Siemens 100 Teleprinter Sevice Manual
- Teleprinter TGQ series manual
- Consol Navigation Aid
- AP 3302 - Standard Tech. Training notes for Radio Engineering Trade Group
- Standard Notes for Wireless Mechanics (1944) (AP 1938)
- Standard Notes for Wireless Operators (1942) (AP 1970)
- Test Equipment
Aircraft, Missiles, ATC, and other miscellaneous items.
- My Photographs of Aircraft and Missiles at RAF Cosford, and Aircraft, Vehicles and Guns at IWM Duxord.
- Scans of the ATC gazette in pdf format (searchable):
- 1942: June, August, October, November, December.
- 1943: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.
- 1944: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October.
- Two books loaned to me for scanning by Alf Fisher:
Miscellaneous links to other electronics that I've had dealings with:
Page last updated 13th October 2019 by Colin Hinson.